We’re Les Deux, a premium-commercial menswear brand that pairs preppy & street with nostalgic & modern styles, and we’re looking for a new Designer to join our expanding team in Copenhagen from the 1st of October.
You’ll play a holistic role in the design & production process, working closely with your new colleagues to brainstorm concepts and turn them into finished products, and you’ll be involved every step of the way.
You’ll hit deadlines with the rest of the team in an occasionally high-pressure environment, you’ll nail our signature style while adding a touch of your own creative flair, and you’ll push boundaries when it comes to percentages and orders from our clients.
The work we do is underpinned by the principle of calculated creativity: Excel and Illustrator are our best friends. Styles, collections, and their stories start in our imagination, then we crunch the numbers to make sure brand and business are moving in the same direction.
You shouldn’t be afraid of speaking up and challenging the status quo of how we work and what we produce, but you should also appreciate that you’re working as part of a team.
We’re a down-the-pub-for-a-pint brand, not a Devil-Wears-Prada brand. Be humble, be hungry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing – style research and trend analysis, sketching by hand and with Illustrator, and brainstorming products & concepts for 4 collections each year, plus occasional collaborations.
- Developing – Guiding these designs to final products by developing detailed tech packs, providing fabrics and trimmings for sourcing, and exploring new fabrics.
- Collaborating – foster open communication with the Pattern, Design, Production, and Sales teams to ensure we’re creating great work. You’ll also actively contribute to our responsibility objectives.
- Supporting – Engage in various design-related tasks within the department.
What You Offer:
We’d love it if you have at least three years of experience in a similar position, giving you a good understanding of the different duties that fall on a busy design department. You should have a strong creative drive, be aware of the latest trends in menswear, and have a good grasp of the industry.
It’s important to us that you are passionate about fashion and can identify with our style & DNA, and you also need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while never compromising on quality.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a creative and innovative mindset with the ability to follow overall style guidelines
- Possesses strong commercial acumen with an eye for products that’ll work
- Has a strong knowledge of fabrics, materials, and cuts, with an understanding of how products are sourced and produced
- Thrives as an enthusiastic team player
- Has a high level of skill with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Has a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Designer, preferably in menswear
- Holds a relevant design degree
- Is organized and structured with attention to detail
- Can communicate fluently in both spoken and written English
If there are a couple of things from this list that you feel you’re missing, please do apply anyway. A passion for learning and a great personality is just as important to us as experience.
What We Offer:
Our culture is one of the key reasons that we’ve grown from two people with a side project to an international brand with a team of 100, so retaining a friendly, vibrant, and down-to-earth atmosphere is crucial to us for the future.
We also offer:
- Six weeks of vacation each year
- Company lunch scheme
- Gym & basketball court at the office
- Free workout sessions on Tuesdays with a personal trainer
- Friday bars and regular company socials
- Your choice of Mac or PC
- Great prices on our clothes and accessories
- Free fruit, snacks, and most importantly, coffee (our coffee guy recently called our machine “The Ferrari of coffee machines”)
Interested? If the above sounds just like you and you think you’d fit right in, we’d love to hear from you.
We believe that difference makes us stronger, and encourage everyone to apply regardless of age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Email Head of People & Culture, Angelle Peters, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, Portfolio, and a short Cover Letter explaining why you’d be a great fit. Please use the subject line of: Menswear Designer Vacancy. We’ll be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!